Monday, July 1, 2013

39

Dear readers,

welcome to July!
How was your June? Mine was fine and I turned thirty nine last month.With age comes wisdom,and wrinkles,too.I guess the best anti-aging tip ever would be to find a poet madly in love with me and who would immortalize my "beauty" in a beautiful verse :) .
Just like Mr Shakespeare did with his beloved one.

...

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE 
(1564 - 1616)

Sonnet 18

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed:
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
    So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
    So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.


2: temperate - moderate, self-controlled in speech, behaviour.
4: summer's lease...date - the duration of the summer period is too short.
6: complexion dimmed - (fig.) the appearance (of the sun) is darkened, obscured.
7: every fair from fair - every beautiful thing or beautiful person sometimes becomes less beautiful.
8: By chance... untrimmed - stripped of its ornaments by accident or in the course of the changing seasons.
10: that fair thou ow'st - that beauty which you possess.
11: brag - boast
12: eternal lines... grow'st - you become a part of these eternal verses.

Source for the poem and its comprehension: Mirko Jurak. Literatures in English 1. Maribor: Obzorja 1990.
...
- have a nice July :o) - 
...

GOD BLESS YOU

10 comments:

Issa Tchieu said...

Enjoy your 39th! :) never say old. Forever young.

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

What a beautiful idea!

Happy belated birthday!

Jasmina Gelsominastar said...

@ Issa Tchieu :o)

I'll remember this :)!

@ Lisa - respect the shoes :)

Thank you for your wishes and I'm glad you like my anti-aging tip :))...

CoastWithMe said...

Aww Happy 39th Birthday my friend! Sorry I missed it! I just found my favorite birthday quote by the way: "Don't think of it as another birthday, think of it as the anniversary of the day the world was graced with your presence." :)))))

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Happy belated birthday!! Isn't 39 the new 29? :-)

Hijabee said...

Hi Jasmina,
I was just passing by, I miss you, hope all is well in your little world :) And it's your birthday, so Happy Birthday Dear ~ Love , HIjabee~

Sabrina Musco said...

belli questi vesri !!
buon luglio!!
baci!!

Jasmina Gelsominastar said...

@ CoastWithMe :o),

thanks for this good reminder :)!

XO

@ Optimistic Existentialist :),

I'll sure pretend it is :)))...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

@ Hijabee :o),

you miss me???You don't even know how much I miss you :)!!!I'm so sorry you don't write anymore.Well,probably you're very busy.I hope you and your family are fine.How is your babygirl?How old is she now?Two,maybe :)?
Seriously,I could never forget you girls I got to know while I was discovering more about Islam.

Love back at you :)!

Please keep in touch and visit me whenever you feel like it.

Mwah!!!

@ Sabrina :o),

grazie cara.Love ya :)!!!

Pablo said...

Hello Jasmina,

Thank you for sharing Shakespeare. It is refreshing and inspiring reading his poetry and mastery of English. I wish you an amazing thirty ninth year, your best ever.

I've missed your visits over at my place. Hope to see you there.

Jasmina Gelsominastar said...

@ Pablo :),

thank you very much for your kind words.I'll make sure to visit your inn :) as soon as possible...

Many greetings and have a nice weekend :)...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...